Article 1. Purpose
The purpose of Location Based Service’s Terms and Conditions of Use (“Terms and Conditions”) is to define the rights and responsibilities and other necessary matters between NAVER Corporation (“Company”) and subject of personal location information (“Provider”) in regards to the location based service (“LBS”) provided by the Company.
Article 2. Working Rules besides Terms and Conditions
The matters not specified in this Terms and Conditions shall be in accordance with related laws and regulations such as the Act on the Protection, Use, etc. of Location Information, the Act on Promotion of Information and Communications Network Utilization and Information Protection, etc., Framework Act on Telecommunications, Telecommunications Business Act and with other regulations set by the Company.
Article 3 .Content and Fee of the Service
- The Company provides the following LBS, after the Company itself collects location information or receives location information from a mobile service carrier.
- Geo Tagging Service: it stores posts written by the subject of personal location information (the “Subject”) along with the Subject’s location information at the time of uploading the posts.
- Providing search results using current location of the Subject: Upon the request for information search, it offers search results based on the Subject’s current location as well as information on the areas adjacent to the current location, such as famous restaurants and businesses.
- Finding or making friends using the current location of the Subject: Using the current location of the Subject, it finds you friends or suggests friends to you.
- Exchanging contact information: Using the current location, contact information can be changed with friends.
- The fee on LBS specified in Article 1 is free.
Article 4. Method to collect location information
The Company collects an individual’s location information as listed below:
- Real-time collection in the Cell-ID method utilizing a cell phone.
- Through GPS information collected by a cell phone where a GPS chip is embedded.
- Through Wi-Fi information collected by a cell phone where a Wi-Fi chip is embedded.
Article 5. Rights of Provider
- The Provider may withdraw all or part of his/her consent to the collection/use/provision of personal location information.
- The Provider may request temporary suspension on the collection/use/provision of personal location information anytime. In such a case, the Company shall not decline the request, and shall be in possession of technical methods to support such a request.
- The Provider holds the right to require the Company to access or be notified of below data and in case an error is detected in the below document, the Provider may request for correction. In this case, the Company may not decline such request unless it has a proper reason.
- Verification document for confirming use/ provision of location information of the Provide
- Details and reasons on providing personal location information of the Provider to the third party according to the Act on the Protection, Use, etc. of Location Information as well as other rules and regulations
- In case the Provider withdraws all or part of his/her agreement, the Company shall not hesitate to destroy collected personal location information and verification document on the collection/use/provision of personal location information. However, in case the Provider withdraws only part of his/her agreement, the object for destruction is confined to verification document on personal location information/ location information regarding the section Provider withdraws.
- The Provider may contact the Company using the Company’s contact information stipulated in Article 11 to exercise his/her right set in Clause 1 and 3..
Article 6. Rights of Legal Representative
- In case the Company collects, uses or provides personal location information of a child under the age of fourteen (14), it is mandatory to receive agreement from the child him/herself as well as his/her legal representative.
- In case the legal representative agrees on the collection/use/provision of personal location information of minors under the age of fourteen (14), the legal representative may exercise his right to suspend or withdraw agreement as well as temporarily suspend and right to inspect/require for notice.
Article 7. Evidence and Duration for Verification Document on use/ provision of location information
In accordance to the section 2 in Article 16 of Law on Possession and Use of Location Information, the Company automatically records verification document on use/provision of Provider’s location information to location information system and should be in possession such document for more than one (1) year..
Article 8. Revision and Suspension of the Service
- In case the Company is not capable of maintaining the service due to legal obstacle or Company’s overall environment such as policy change within location information business or legal proceedings, Company may limit/ modify/suspend all or part of the service.
- In case the service is suspended according to Article 1, the Company must post notification prior to application of the revised provision by posting on internet or notifying to the Provider.
Article 9. Immediate Notification to Provider Incase Personal Location Information is Provided to the third party
- The Company must not reveal personal location information without consent from the Provider to the third party. In case such information is to be provided to the third party, the Company should notify of the receiver and purpose of such revelation to the Provider prior to application and obtain consent.
- In case the Company provides personal location information to the third party indicated by the Provider, Company must immediately notify Provider of receiver and date/purpose of receipt every time such provision takes place through appropriate telecommunication device.
- However in below case, the Company should use telecommunication device or e-mail previously set by the Provider for notification.
- If regarding telecommunication device which collected personal location information is not support with text/ voice message or image receiving function.
- In case the Provider made a prior request to send such information to telecommunication device or email other than the device/e-mail used for collecting Provider’s personal location information.
Article 10. Compensation for Damages
In case the Provider experiences damages due to the Company’s violation of article 15 or 26 of Act on the Protection, Use, etc. of Location Information, the Provider may request the violating party to compensate for damage. In this case the Company cannot be exempt from the burden of all costs and responsibility unless the Company can prove itself that such violation was not the result of intention or fault.
Article 11. Settlement of Disputes
In regards to a dispute which does not allow agreement or which cannot come to an agreement with the Provider regarding location information, the Company may apply for motions to the National Communications Commission.
Article 12. The Company’s Information
The name, address, contact information of the Company is as follows.
- Name : NAVER Corporation
- Address : Green Factory, 178-1, Jeongja-dong, Bundang-gu Seongnam-si, Gyeonggy-do, Republic of Korea (postal code: 463-867)
- Phone number : 1588-3820
- E-mail address : email@example.com
The Terms and Conditions will become effective on July 2, 2011.
This document was originally written in Korean. To the extent the translated English version conflicts with the Korean version, the Korean version controls.